-->
fashion

DAY TRIP

12:26





Hello Friends!

Firstly, I would like to begin this post by thank you all for such a wonderful response on my previous post, Cool Grandma!! Truly happy times :)
I would love to write more about different things on my mind and social issues - in a similar format in the future - but I will save that for another day.

Today, I would like to share with you a wonderful day trip I spent with the family last Saturday, 4 July 2015.

Let me know what you thought of the post below and make sure you check out the corresponding video (which took me super long to edit - i had so much footage!!). The video includes numerous vlogs throughout the day + my ootd with a nice view + a mini thrift haul!

Enjoy and have a wonderful day!
Tara xx


VIDEO


OUTFIT DETAILS
Top - DIY
Skirt - THRIFTED
Orange Jacket - TREE OF LIFE
Jacket - VINTAGE CALVIN KLEIN + DIY
Stockings - ?
Socks - BONDS
Shoes - NIKE JORDANS 2 FLIGHT 1 LOW

Bum Bag - COBRA SNAKE
Scarf - MYER
Sunglasses - KIRRIBILLI MARKETS
Earrings - LUCK AND LUSTRE (prev. Angel Puffs) *
Chokers - EBAY


My outfit is a mix between wanting to wear all black and also being super colourful. I will be making a post on feminism in the future. Let me know in the comments below if you're interested in reading that :)



















THE DAY

The drive down to Bowral from Sydney takes around 1.5-2 hours. It was a short and sweet drive with lovely views. I'm quite surprised I managed to cut the scenery shots to only 1 photo?!??! If you would like, you can see more scenery shots in my YouTube video above.


We drove around Bowral a bit and passed an op shop. I thrifted 3 pieces which you can have a glimpse of in my YouTube video! All clothing was only $4!!! It was great. We stopped shortly in Bowral and walked around a bit. We didn't do anything worth documenting. We decided to drive to Berrima, a small town around 15 minutes from Bowral. 


Not going to lie, there wasn't much to eat in Berrima. I was really looking forward to a hearty and delicious meal at this aesthetically pleasing cafe, but I was slightly disappointed. I cannot recall the name of the cafe, but I don't recommend it anyway and I don't want to bag it out. The service was extremely slow and the meal was worse than my cooking. Even I can poach an egg...and I really cannot cook. 

LUNCH
?
- All day breakfast -
2/5 stars



We drove down to Fitzroy Falls. It was such a wonderful walk. Terribly chilly. Terribly windy. And a terrible idea if you're not looking for a bad hair day. But nonetheless, the views steal the show. I recommend walking past the first platform right next to the fall. You can see the first platform in the photo below, to the left and up a bit of the waterfall.

Sis and I

#iTried



There was a moment between these two photos which I didn't visually document. It meant we didn't really do much in this time frame.
Driving. More driving. Napping. Walking. Then we had afternoon tea.

AFTERNOON TEA
Elephant Boy Cafe
- Hot Chocolate and Pecan Pie -
5/5 stars

This beautiful, eclectic cafe was wonderful. I definitely recommend you try it out if you're ever in Bowral. The interiors of the cafe were of both a lounge room and your dream library.







If you have me on ANY of my social media accounts... you would know I'm a sucker for a good sunset. Like hot damn. They really do sizzle up the sky.
I ended up falling asleep till dinner after the sun set.





We stopped over in Bankstown for dinner at a Vietnamese Pho restaurant we haven't been to in years. Their pho is damn good. You had to pay an extra $3.50 for an empty spare bowl, so my family had one bowl each. Except my dad and I... I had 0.5 bowls and my dad 1.5 bowls. I was still terribly full from our previous meals. 

DINNER
An
- Vietnamese Pho -
5/5



And that's it!
I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know in the comments below :)
See you (hopefully) soon!
Tara xx




LINKS
'COOL GRANDMA'

fashionbambini

”some_text”

Instagram

”some_text”

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I'm new to your blog and can I say that I am in love with your style. You're a true gem!!!! Can't wait to read some of your thoughts on social issues, etc.!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! Welcome to my blog!!! :D
      Thank you so so much!! <3
      I hope you like my posts xxx

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog and I love it so much! Your personal style is so quirky and eclectic, it's so lovely to read!
    xAnnah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Annah, you're too sweet!! <3 I hope you like my future posts :)) xxx

      Delete
  3. Such a sizzling post. So much fire in this one :~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tara!! I adore your blog so much!

    angelicabcngn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks so much Angelica :)) xx

      Delete
  5. Your shirt is perfect! (and your outfit too)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great, i love reading your blogs.
    keep it going girl, youre hectic xox

    ReplyDelete